The New LF
Inspired by our DAF Transport Efficiency philosophy, we have added a large number of innovations to the popular LF to take distribution transport to a new level of excellence.
- New powertrains for maximum fuel efficiency
- First class bodybuilder-friendliness
- Stylish exterior design updates
- Luxurious new interior
- Optional lower window in passenger door for world class visibility
- DAF Connect fleet management system for maximum transport efficiency
All these innovations take The New LF beyond the class-leading reliability, durability, manoeuvrability and comfort of our Euro 6 trucks. With even higher load capacity and even better efficiency, The New LF is the leading distribution truck for operators and drivers. In short: Pure Excellence.
DAF Transport Efficiency Drives Pure Excellence
The LF has benefits like the industry-leading payload, the unmatched manoeuvrability and the superb durability, comfort and driver friendliness. Now we have taken DAF's successful distribution truck a step further to improve your profitability even more. The result is the New LF.
Industry-leading fuel economy
- New 3.8-litre PACCAR engine for ‘LF City’ for urban operation
- Faster final drive ratios for lower engine rpm operation
- Allison automatic transmission now available on top-rated 19-tonne LF
The New LF offers a wide range of engines. These include the powerful four-cylinder 4.5-litre PACCAR PX-5 and the six-cylinder 6.7-litre PACCAR PX-7. Thanks to new software and optimised heat and air management, maximum torque has been increased and kicks in at lower speed in both engines. New, faster rear axle ratios result in lower engine speeds. Together with the engine innovations, this results in fuel savings of up to 6%.
Large range of wheelbases
- Wide range of wheelbases with lengths of up to 6.90 metres
- Body lengths of more than 9 metres for maximum load capacity
- Fuel tank volumes of up to 1,240 litres for longer operating range, optimised vehicle availability and enabling the driver to refuel where fuel prices are at their lowest
With a large range of wheel bases, optimised PACCAR PX engines and high-efficiency gearboxes, The New LF is available in more variants than ever before. In particular, the new LF150 and LF170, with a PACCAR PX-4 engine and a five-speed manual gearbox, are optimised for city distribution. These agile trucks are lighter in weight allowing them to take higher payloads.
Maximum vehicle availability
The robust engine block and cylinder head are extremely strong. They are built with a long service life, maximum reliability and low weight in mind. Depending on use, service intervals of up to 60,000 kilometres are possible. PACCAR PX engines are also designed to simplify maintenance and maximise performance at low operational cost.
The New LF in more detail
The New LF's superb exterior design gives it a strong and friendly look, making the truck a great advertisement for your businessMore about exterior
The perfect working environment. The moment the driver steps into the cab, he or she enjoys the highest standard of comfort, user-friendliness and safety.More about interior
The New LF comes with a unique range of engines, transmissions and rear axle ratios to ensure you get the best truck for your job.More about driveline
The perfect base to build on. Low kerb weight and high load capacity put The New LF at the top of its class, meaning pure profit for your business. With its modern, strong and light chassis, The New LF does not compromise on robustness and flexibility.More about chassis